What are successful MVNO and TSP?
Time to market can make or break an MVNO or a TSP or a sub-brand in the face of tough competition, a digital lifestyle, and new business options. Managing complicated business software and underlying infrastructure, on the other hand, can limit your flexibility and capacity to respond to market needs. This limitation might significantly increase your overall financial investments and dangers.
Here are three main points documented to identify a successful TSP and MVNO
1. Learn what’s behind an end-to-end solution, the monetization opportunities, and the customer experience you can provide by having a full BSS suite with all the features required to empower mobile subscribers.
2. Running natively on the public cloud to launch quickly and give agility and flexibility while also leveraging telco sector experience and innovation from consumer-related verticals; and
3. Having full end-to-end accountability from the vendor providing the solution as a service. You can have worry-free operations; as a result, allowing you to focus on your consumers.
To become a digital service provider, you must first become cloud-native. Even though network modernization is the top priority, legacy infrastructure for operations support systems (OSS) and business support systems (BSS) demands equal attention.
What is Cloud Native?
Cloud-native computing is a software development strategy that uses cloud computing to create and run scalable applications in current, dynamic environments, including public, private, and hybrid clouds. Containers, microservices, serverless functions, and immutable infrastructure are standard features of this architectural style deployed by declarative code.
These strategies enable resilient, manageable, and observable loosely linked systems. They would allow developers to make high-impact changes frequently and consistently with minimal effort when combined with robust automation.
Legacy technologies cannot produce services that match evolving consumer expectations as competition for digital service providers (DSPs) becomes more inventive and intense. Business owners must deliver great customer experiences faster, while operations teams must do more with less. Going cloud-native is critical for a successful digital transformation if you create or buy a modern OSS/BSS infrastructure.
What is a BSS?
OSS and BSS represent telecom networks’ operational and business sides, which are network entities or systems. Operations Support Systems (OSS) refers to a system that includes specialized software and hardware for monitoring, analyzing, configuring, and managing operational operations in a mobile network.
BSS stands for Business Support Systems, and it is a system that manages customer-facing business operations. Billing, service fulfillment, revenue management, client management, order management, product catalogs, and charging all fall under this umbrella. The business side of the network is prioritized over the technical side. The BSS works in conjunction with Operations Support Systems (OSS) and is an essential component of network solutions offered by network suppliers. Most mobile network suppliers bundle OSS and BSS into a single package.
CRM, ordering, charging, billing, self-service, product catalog, and even partner/dealer administration are all features typically included in a system for general business operations. The data can also generate reports for individual teams and management within an operator that deals with BSS-supported activities.
Develop and Deliver Faster
Consumers are looking for a more tailored digital experience. To increase their top-line revenue, successful DSPs are increasingly offering services with business partners. A single (monolithic) BSS infrastructure cannot deliver that level of experience, but a cloud-native agile BSS can provide it.
If you’re facing any of these challenges, a cloud-native BSS can help you overcome them. Some of the additional benefits:
- Timely implementation of new services and functionalities
- Changing or adding functions to satisfy business needs without compromising the system’s dependability or availability
- Putting rules and processes into action
- Reduce manual business operations
- Measuring the outcomes of business activities in a variety of settings
- Identifying new business opportunities by mining network and application data
- While shifting from legacy connectivity to higher-value digital services, maintain flexibility for future technology and strategic choices.
Less is More
Containerisation, vRAN, and 5G promise new technologies that demand additional expenditure to manage networks with fewer resources. If any of these goals are essential to you, cloud-native OSS can assist you in achieving them by:Cutting down on operational costs (OPEX).
- Improving uniformity and compliance.
- Managing a robust network with hyperscaler agility and speed
- You can scale your capacity to meet rapid growth, new 5G, and vRAN installations without additional resources.
- Adding new capabilities while preserving existing investments in legacy systems.
- When it comes to solving core problems, maximizing developer creativity, attention, and productivity is critical.
- Increasing the security of your operations and infrastructure.
Become Future-ready Faster
Whether you develop, purchase, or use a hybrid strategy, cloud-native OSS and BSS infrastructure are critical to becoming a digital communications service provider.
- True workload portability enables you to design once and deploy anywhere, allowing you to respond more quickly to changing business needs.
- Developers can focus on inventing and deploying code with cloud-native development tools and platforms.
- Agile integration bridges legacy systems and new and refactored applications across boundaries.
- Automated business operations and routine chores to save money, cut down on downtime, and improve compliance and security.
Now that we have covered quite a bit about BSS and Cloud-native, at Knot Solutions, we offer the best of both worlds: telecom domain knowledge and technical know-how. Since inception, we have been assisting companies to lower their OPEX, increase speed to market with new products, and provide enhanced customer experience.
Our telecom domain expertise allows us to see through complex situations, design, implement and operate effective architectures and solutions. Knot Solutions is among the few companies to have its BSS solution for the Tier-3 MVNO players. If you would like to transform your business, reach out to us for a demo and discussion.