"To be a Leader in Services & System Integration"
"Driving growth through excellence"
- Value Addition
60 Functionally Complex Product Launches in a Quarter for a Telco
A Leading Telco with multiple product lines spanning across mobile, broadband, Cable TV needed to improve time-to-launch its new product offerings so as to offer market capturing products and promotions and to respond more effectively to competition.
The existing process of product configuration and customization was mostly manual and time-consuming as it involved a long drawn life cycle of design/impact analysis, configuration, customization, functional testing and UAT before production launch.
Approach / Solution
As part of the application engineering services practice, Knot Solutions built a solution that aids the product configuration, customization and testing teams during the life cycle.
- Product design is automated using a framework that captured the entire product baseline and provided a view of impacted components due to the change or new product offerings requested by business.
- The process of generation and reconciliation of before deployment and after deployment reports was automated using a flexible reporting framework.
- Verification and validation of product configuration data against the business requirement is automated using a portal that used product specification templates reducing the need for manual testing and validation.
- The end-to-end life cycle of development and testing was reduced by 30% following the implementation of these tools.
- The customer was able to launch 60 new product offerings in 1 quarter including innovative tariff plans, promotions, and discounts.